Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Christmas Favorites

Last week I did my top ten Christmas annoyances so it only makes sense, being that Christmas is just days away, to share the top ten things I love about the season.

So here they are in no particular order:

10. My favorite Christmas Movies: Love Actually, The Family Stone, Home Alone and The (original) Grinch.



9. Christmas Jewelry: not the stuff you get for Christmas (although, I love that too) but snowman earrings, and holiday pins (I have many, many pins- yes, I'm 90 years old.)

8. My favorite EVER Christmas songs- Otis Redding's White Christmas, Harry Simeone Chorale's Little Drummer Boy (my favorite Christmas song EVER), Bob Rivers' The 12 Pains of Christmas and Aselin Debison's The Gift. If you don't know these (versions) click on the links! They are the best!

7. Getting Christmas cards in the mail.

6. Live holiday shows- Aaron and I go to a Christmas show every year. Our first Christmas we went to The Nutcracker, last year we went to see The Grinch, this year it was A Christmas Carol.



5. Nativity Scenes: I love Baby Jesus; he's the reason for the season and I love nativity scenes. I collect them (only the Demdaco- Willow Tree versions- I have two- hehehe.)

4. Christmas trees with white lights and red accents of berries and ribbons.

3. Santa kneeling over baby Jesus: I collect these too; something about them makes me emotional. I think it's because it mixes the two different parts of Christmas that most people relate to. Every year Aaron gets me a new ornament. Our first year together he got me Santa kneeling over Baby Jesus- but it's a music box that plays Oh Come all Ye Faithful.

2. Family parties, visiting with good friend, and lots of food and egg-nog.

1. The true feeling of the season: Wanting to do for others, being close to the ones you love, and being happy and grateful for what you already have.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Merry Christmas Jessi & Aaron!!
We got your card yesterday, thank you so much!

I'd love to see a Christmas show ... sigh ... some day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...