Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Meme II

1. Do you put up outdoor Christmas decorations?
Yes we do. Last year we got a little crazy with the lights and garland, so this year we toned it down a bit to save electricity.

2. Do you have a favorite Christmas cookie?
Not really. Occasionally my mother will make me raspberry filled cookies for which I go NUTS. I also like those cookies one often finds at holiday parties with the Hershey's kiss in the middle.

3. What is the best gift you ever gave someone?
I gave my sister a pretty sweet faberge egg once upon a time.

4. Do you like fruitcake?
Nope.

5. What is your least favorite Christmas song?
"Christmas Shoes." I hate, hate, hate that song. If the family is so poor why not buy Mom a nice dress? The shoes just seem like an impulse buy to me.

6. Do you go to church on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day?
Big sigh. No. I really would love to start going to church again (my church-- you converters out there) but alas, I don't have anyone to go with and the House of God is a lonely place for a sinner.

7. Do you hang Christmas stockings? Where?
We don't hang them but we drape them over the couch.

8. Do you truly believe "it's the most wonderful time of the year"?
I say that about every holiday. I try not to play favorites... but I do have some really nice decorations for Christmas.

9. Have you ever worn a Santa hat?
I think when I was a kid but not since then.

10. Are you more like Scrooge or Father Christmas?
I am Scrooge meets Grinch and has a baby.

11. Do you hang mistletoe?
Real mistletoe is poisonous to animals and I don't like the way fake mistletoe looks. So, no.

12. Does Santa wrap presents or just place them under your tree?
Um, Santa wraps them all beautifully with bells and bows, sparkly ribbons and tissue paper. Santa even wraps each item in my stocking. He knows I get very angry if things aren't wrapped.

13. Can you ice skate?
Yes and I just got a brand new pair of ice skates for Christmas last year. Thanks Mom!

14. Do you love snow?
Yes! I love, love, love, snow. I live in New England. Of course! I like snow best when it is clean and doesn't show any footprints.

15. Which do you prefer-- giving or receiving?
I love giving- but receiving is also fun. Is that a trick question?

16. Candy Canes-- yuck or yum?
Yuck! I hate peppermint. I don't like mint- true story.

17. The 3 best things about Christmas?
The feeling of the holiday, spending time with friends and family, and going to the mall a few days before Christmas when I'm all wrapped and ready to go, getting a coffee and laughing at how angry people are- they just don't get the point of the season.

18. What type of decoration should stop being made?
Okay 2 things: 1. Blue Christmas lights. I hate those. They hurt my eyes. Personally, I think colored lights are tacky, but forgivable. But blue lights? Come on people. 2. Those big, inflatable lighted things people have on their lawn that last about 2 days then lay there all limp.

19. Do you listen to 24/7 holiday radio?
Yes! After Thanksgiving, game on!

20. Rudolph or Frosty?
Frosty- obviously. I only have about 800 snowmen. My sister is OBSESSED with Rudolph, so I'm a little burnt out on him.

2 comments:

Stephani said...

I can not resist commenting on:

#15- I think that is a trick question :)

#18- Come on, those blow up (limp)scenes/people. I could NEVER as an adult put something like that infront of my house, jeezum crow!!

Crazy Momma said...

Kirby and I drove past a house the other day that had about 15 of those limp inflatable things all over the yard. It looked like Santa had thrown one kick ass party and they all had way too much eggnog...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...