We woke up fairly late, as Aaron was still recovering from his nasty bug. We ventured, for the last time, down to St. Dennis Street for some breakfast. We found another little 'crepery', and both ordered the most delicious crepe. In the picture below, I wonder exactly what Aaron was thinking about during breakfast ;)Then we walked back to the hotel, got the car from the Valet, and drove back in the direction we came from only 3 days earlier, when we were so full of hope and expectation. All in all, I was not disappointed with Montreal.
As we headed out of the country (don't you love the sound of that?) we stopped at a gas station because we were parched! Now, let me set the scene. I HATE carbonated water, seltzer water, water that fizzes or has bubbles. It's just not natural, in my opinion tastes like gasoline, and freaks me out. Further, Aaron and I have this long running joke about Pellegrio water, specifically the bottle it comes in. I will not get into it here as it is one of the many, many things I keep for Aaron and I (come on, you didn't think I shared everything did you?) So, as I come out of the bathroom of the gas station, what is he buying with our last Canadian Dollar? Yep, Pellegrino, and he is hysterically laughing because he just thinks he is so clever and funny. Funny? Yes. Clever, no because that was our last Canadian dollar, and now the only thing we had to drink was "gasoline." When he cracked it open to take a swig his face was priceless. We kept making each other drink it as we headed back to the States. So now, we have decided, this bottle is going to be like the "traveling gnome", it is going to go with us on all of our trips and we are going to take random pictures of it; sort of like, "Where's Waldo?"
Notice the speed limit sign in the background. Sometimes, the metric system is a cool idea.
On my way out of Canada, I must report, I was asked for my passport (yay!) but, I still didn't get a stamp :( Oh, well... Aaron and I are throwing around ideas for February vacation, and France and Italy came up, perhaps then I will get my stamp. We'll see, we haven't decided yet, that's for another blog day:)
We drove straight to Burlington, Vt. what a beautiful little city!!! I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed my short time there. We went to the park where we had a beautiful view of Lake Champlain (but didn't see "Champy" and yes, I do believe in sea monsters ;) We both sat on an actual cannon (you can read about it if you click on my picture), we went to the Burlington mall, and then explored Church Street, which reminded me of Faniel Hall in Boston. They had a Banana Republic and an Urban Outfitters (my two favorites) so I loaded up on all the things I saw in Canada, at U.S prices! Yay! I loved Burlington. I could totally live there.
That was that. We headed back to our beautiful little apartment in Concord, NH. U.S.A. We had an amazing trip despite a few hiccups. We are going to Quebec for the winter carnival in February, so you can expect the scoop about that.
But I do have to tell you, while we were gone, we had one of our best friends stay at our house to take care of the kitties. Now, I love Ryan. If I were to ever get married, he would be my brides-man-maid- seriously. But come on. How much food does he need to leave the cats? No wonder they love Uncle Ryan so much.
The suspect
2 comments:
hhahahahahah LOVE the seltzer water thing, I hate it too, with a passion and would rather spend the day saying "kah, kah" (remember that???) I am cracking myself up! than drink that toilet water. You guys sound like you had a GREAT trip! I love reading about your exotic life.
So after the trip is done Jessi and I are sittin there watchin tv. This special for Champy the sea monster comes on and they show this pictue of the church and church st(the one you see on the blog). And Jessi freaks and punch me in thw arm "Baby, we were there!!!". I have never seen her so happy and my arm has never hurt so much.
Oh, dont you like the fact that she looks like she is slugging a 40 in the picture with our "gasoline",
Post a Comment