Friday, January 18, 2008

Roar! Bear Brook

On the weekend of January 5th, Aaron and I went snowshoeing at Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, NH. It is one of the most lovely places in the world. There are miles and miles and miles of trails, and most of it is pretty well groomed for cross-country-skiing, which makes for a great hike/snowshoe trail.

We packed up our backpack and brought along hotdogs to roast. It was a gorgeous day, there had been a fresh snow, the air was fresh and cold, and I was just starting to feel like myself after that nasty bug, so this was just what I needed. We did about 9 miles and then my snowshoe decided to break :( Now I'll have to get a new pair...



There are shelters stationed all over Bear Brook. This summer we are going to stay in one. Bear Brook is a HUGE state park in NH, and stretches over many towns.



Unfortunately we couldn't get a good fire going because the wood was too wet. Next time we will carry in our own wood.


All of the trees looked like this. I love winter so much.


1 comment:

Nicki said...

I wish I could look as happy as you guys do when I am outside! See there you go with your exotic life again ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...