Thursday, January 17, 2008

IKEA?

I love change. I love cleaning, getting new things, and moving stuff around. The other night Aaron and I had a conversation and it went like this. And yes, we do call each other pet names. We rarely call each other by our actual names.

Jessi: Hey Baby? (I'm in the other room calling to Aaron)
Aaron: Yes, sweetheart?
Jessi: How much do you love me?
Aaron: So very much pumpkin.
Jessi: Oh, okay.
Aaron: Why?
Jessi: Just checking.
pause

Jessi: Hey Baby?
Aaron: Yes sweetheart?
Jessi: Um, where is IKEA?
Aaron: Massachusetts.
Jessi: Oh, okay. (feigning disappointment)
pause

Jessi: Hey Baby?
Aaron: I will bring you this weekend, okay?
Jessi: Thank you.
pause

Jessi: I love you baby.
Aaron: (laughing) I love you too Princess.

So, I'm getting a new piece of furniture for the living room. I want to increase the amount of seating in there.... which sparked another conversation at 6:30 this morning, and it went as follows:

Jessi: (sleepy, in pajamas, waiting in the kitchen as Aaron makes coffee- I'm really not spoiled, I just make a horrible cup of coffee- Nicki will vouch for me) Hey, so I was thinking.
Aaron: Okay.
Jessi: I need some change in my life.
Aaron: (a bit alarmed/worried) Okay...
Jessi: I'm thinking, that, the back wall in the living room makes me kind of sad.
Aaron: Why?
Jessi: Well, it's just that, well, I think it should be red, like the wall opposite it.
Aaron: So, are you asking to paint it?
Jessi: Well, if you think so.
Aaron: I think it would look good, that way your window would really pop.
Jessi: And with the new chair, it might look really nice.
Aaron: We do have the left over red from when we painted the other wall, it won't be a big job, and really nothing has to be moved.
Jessi: Sounds good :)

I left the room with my coffee as Aaron stood, befuddled, wondering just who's idea it was to paint the living room.

Hehehe.

This wall....

needs to be this color...


I am thinking in either the multi-color or the blad black. My living room is red and beige, with a green sofa and black leather chair. I think the multi-color would tie it all together. I need a smaller chair because we are getting a bigger TV so that means I will need a bigger entertainment center... I don't want to overcrowd things.

1 comment:

Crazy Momma said...

Oooohhhh, I like the multicolor. And I think you are absolutely right, it would tie things together. As first I thought black, then I saw the smallest bits of red in the multicolor...perfect...nice!

One of the downfalls of not owning your own home...white walls. In due time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...