Thursday, June 19, 2008

Love:Hate

So, I have to say, I am a little bit depressed today. Aaron will be gone when I get home from work. He is being flown to Austin, Texas for 2 races this weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy he has this experience, he is able to do this, he is in a league where people want him to do this, and he gets to explore so many different parts of our country.

But still, this can be a lonely and time consuming sport.

I am so proud of him when he races. I am happy he is in such great health. I LOVE his motivation and his drive. I adore his teammates.

I get discouraged with the fact that more weekends than not we are going to bike races. I hate that he was in NJ this year when I went to my family's camp in Maine over Memorial Day. I love to see the different parts of the country that we are always traveling to. I love being at his races to support him. I love that we go away almost every weekend and find some new adventure. I hate that we are never home. I hate that sometimes he has to go without me. I love that I have alone time to be with myself and my girlfriends. I miss him when he's gone.

I love cycling AND I hate cycling.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Texas is known for its turquois jewelry. He had better bring me home a prize ;)

Nicki said...

LOL I bet he will. and I 100% know how you feel :) you can always come here this weekend, you know you can pack up the boys and drive here, you have the gps now ;)

Aaron said...

I already have a prize or 2 picked out. And so everyone knows I HATE being away from the love of my life but I LOVE racing my bike because I like to make my baby proud of me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...