Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: Good Reads

I have been boycotting technology lately. Well, just television. Also, I have drastically decreased the time I spend on the Internet (as evidenced by my lack of blog or facebook updates.)

What I have been doing (aside from working, traveling, teaching and spending time with my family) is reading. A lot. One of my New Year's resolutions was to read 12 books in 2010 (one per month.) I'm proud to say I've surpassed that goal already.

Below are 10 of the books I've read so far (at the end of the year I'll include a full list :)

  1. Mark Haddon: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time 
  2. Kathryn Stockett: The Help (Probably my favorite on this list)
  3. Mary Beth Crain: A Widow, a Chihuahua, and Harry Truman: A Story of Love, Loss, and Love Again
  4. Jean Kwok: Girl in Translation 
  5. Robert Goolrick: The Reliable Wife (My least favorite on the list- I had a hard time getting through this one, I tell ya.)
  6. Elizabeth George-Speare: The Sign of the Beaver 
  7. Stephanie Meyer: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight Saga) 
  8. Laura Munson: This Is Not The Story You Think It Is... A Season of Unlikely Happiness- A Memoir 
  9. Elizabeth Strout: Amy & Isabelle
  10. Alice Sebold: The Lovely Bones
Yesterday I stayed home from work. I was feeling under the weather and, although I could have gone in anyway, (which I *almost* did) I decided to be good to myself and stay home. One thing that made my day a little brighter was the box of books which arrived from Barnes & Noble; very exciting. I also have Friday off (and it's supposed to rain) so I can see myself curled up with one of these books enjoying the day to myself.


1 comment:

Amy said...

The Lovely Bones is one of my favorites .. horrible story, but so well written (if that makes sense)

And I read this quote today:

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...