A few weeks ago I received an invitation to attend a focus group in Boston to discuss my experience as a bone marrow donor. Of course I would attend so, on Wednesday (Oui) I took the day off from work. Aaron and I ventured down to Boston. I just love Boston. I love, Love, LOVE it. There was rain in the forecast but, lucky for us, it held off until later in the afternoon.
Tunnel
We parked at Rowe's Wharf on the waterfront because that's where my focus group would meet at 6:00 that night (and parking would be validated.) Within a short walk from the wharf was our first stop, my favorite place in Boston- Quincy Market! I love the vendors, the shopping, and the food. Plus, there seems to always be some sort of street performer doing something. We bought a delicious frozen yogurt (with jimmies) and it cooled us down while we did some browsing and people watching.
Giant Macaroni Sculpture? LOL.
After Quincy Market we walked over to the Granary Cemetery (Yeah, I love creepy cemeteries. Jealous?)
Mother Goose
and Paul Revere (among a few other famous people) are buried there.
We walked almost everywhere we went in Boston that day. It was gorgeous and NOT raining so, why not? On our way over to Boston Common and the Public Garden we found a street vendor selling sterling silver jewelry. Um, Yes please. I picked up a few things.
I really wanted to ride the swan boats, a classic Boston thing so, we did! The swan boats have been a Boston fixture since 1877, I believe. They are fashioned after the story Make Way for Ducklings. The captain brings you (pedaling) all around the pond in Boston Public Garden, which they have beautifully landscaped. I'm not a city girl (per se) but I could definitely see myself spending a lot of time in Boston.
We walked all over the garden, spying on people, scenery and animals :) This worked up an appetite.
One of my all-time-favorite television shows is Man V. Food. I love it and I can't quite explain why. (I do know it has a little to do with the fact that I have a crush on Adam Richmond, the host) but, in all seriousness, he tours our great country and tries out all the local haunts. I saw his Boston episode where he went to Eagles Deli to do a burger challenge. I decided I had to try this place out. So, we hopped on the "T" to get a burger at Eagle's Deli. It was a dream come true. I sat in a booth where Adam rested his little buns and ate the most amazing burger.
Dream. Come. True!
Being in a food coma, we decided to explore more of Boston. It just so happened we jumped off the "T" at Newbury Street. And then it started to rain...
What is one to do on Newbury Street if it rains? Hmmmm.
Shopping of course!
I made my visit to H&M- a favorite of mine (and a few other stores)
2 comments:
it looks like you guys had a great day! boston is a fun place to visit... even if I get lost every time I go there
You continue to amaze me .. with each and every passing day, and blog, I learn something new about you - and something else we share ...
I would live in Boston if given the choice .. without question ..
<3 I love you!
Post a Comment