Friday, April 17, 2009

Say What?

Aaron and I have strange things that we work into conversations, things that would make absolutely no sense to other people, but things we laugh and laugh and laugh about.

One thing we say, every time we come through the door, is "I like your house..." But in a really creepy voice.

The reason behind this is because as many of you (who know me well) know my favorite movie producer/director/writer is M. Night Shyamalan. I am absolutely, positively obsessed with him and I have seen every one of his movies.

Unbreakable is the movie from which the above quote was taken. Amazing movie. In one of the scenes, a creepy-killer-man knocks at a family's door and says, "Can I come in? I like your house." True to M. Night's form I got the chills during this scene. So much so that during the movie I said to Aaron, "ahh, I hate that guy's voice!"

So naturally, to tease each other, we say it when we walk through the door.



If you get creeped out easily, you might not want to watch this. For those of you know and like M. Night's work; watch it and be creeped out- (** the quote occurs at about 3:30 if you want to forward to that part.)

So, back to the story. All is well and good until Tuesday. I'm standing at my kitchen sink doing dishes when I hear someone at my door. I stop, wondering who it could be. Just then I see the door-knob twist and the door push open. I freak out, of course, knowing full well that Aaron is at school. Before I even have a moment to process what is happening, some dude is standing in my kitchen with his dog! My dogs are barking, his dog is barking, and we are just staring at each other before I scream "get out!!!!"

The man, who looks completely bewildered, backs toward the door mumbling..."I, I have an appointment to get my dog groomed."

I lose it. "What? No! The dog groomer is next door this is a PRIVATE RESIDENCE! Get OUTTTT!"

He leaves, him and his dog, with their tails between their legs.

So I called Aaron and told him "Creepy dude from Unbreakable was just here." Because, after my adrenalin had dissipated, I found the whole incident to be funny (probably because I didn't have a slit throat.)

Aaron, however, was not amused in the least. I literally had to talk him out of driving home from school to... I don't know what... but I ended up getting a long lecture about how the door "must be locked at all times (blah, blah, blah,) when we get into the new house we're getting ADT, (blah blah blah.) I could have been killed (blah, blah, blah)."

So, now, Aaron refuses to participate in the "I like your house" teasing. He doesn't find it funny anymore. Folks, write your comments in. Tell him it should be reinstated! Do it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...