Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Go Big or Go "Home"

Okay, people. I am losing my mind. Seriously. Losing. My. Mind.

Where have I lost it, you ask? Well, probably somewhere in this rat-hole of an apartment I'll be living in for the next four days. Since our closing date was set, and a few days prior to that, we just stopped caring for the apartment. It's driving me nut but I just don't have the time right now to do anything about it.

Seriously.... Anyone who has ever been to my house, or in my office for that matter, knows I suffer from O.C.D and thus, everything neat as a pin; not an item out of place. It's not something I'm proud of. It does impact my life, it probaly is diagnosable. Booo!

Right now our apartment is in complete and utter shambles as we prepare for our big move (moving from renting to owning, moving to a different, bigger city, and moving the entire life we've created here, together.) Yikes!

We have dishes in the sink, (never!) the bed has been left unmade for days, (gasp) I'm to the point that I don't even care about my attire; digging stuff out of the "mostly clean" pile of laundry, (the horror!) the living room is crammed with new furniture that isn't even unwrapped, (eek!) and I have chipped nail polish on my toenails (things like that bother me... a lot) But you know what? This is reality for us right now and I'm trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to be okay with it. I just struggle because I need peaceful, serene surrounds available to me when I come home from work and need to decompress.

Strangely, in the last few months (especially since I've been promoted) I've had people asking me how I get it all done. I don't even remember the last time I waxed my eyebrows. I'm not handling it all perfectly right now, but my job comes first (after my personal life, I must remind myself ;) then the move, then the wedding. So, I'm going to show you what I mean. This is the chaos I'm dealing with and I'm doing my best. It's not easy, and I'm barely pulling it off. But, in the end, I know it will be worth it when I have my "neat as a pin" white house with black shutters ;) Until then, it's like I'm living in a bad infomercial; just when I think I'm ahead of the game there is that voice yelling "BUT wait... there's more!"








My house never looks like this, and I hope it is many moons before it ever gets to this point again. I truly don't know how I'm going to make it until we move to the new place.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

i know i shouldn't laugh, but i do because your house looks neat to me lol (and yes I was actually LOLing at that point.) I know how stressful it is for you but it will all be worth it soon :)

Aaron said...

I want you all to notice what time the microwave says too.

Stephani said...

Mark and I went to a party this weekend, you should have seen the Master Bedroom.. I swear they must flip the mattress at night in order to clean off all the shit. I totally understand when your use to a clean space, it is hard when it is not what is normally is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...