Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A scarf saves the snow day, Oui?

Last Wednesday both Aaron and I had a snow day. We didn't have plans, nothing on the agenda besides staying put and doing a bit of work from home. I was a bit discouraged because it was snowing outside, the big gorgeous snowflakes, and there I was, pounding away at my keyboard... work, work, work!!

At about 3:00 I was wrapping up my work from home, feeling robbed of my snow day (even though I was being paid to work from home) when Aaron brought in the mail. In it was the usual: bills, maybe a flier or two, my Yankee magazine, and a manila envelope addressed to me.

I opened it at once, as I hadn't remembered ordering anything via mail.

In it was one of the most beautiful hand-kitted scarfs ever, from one of my dearest friends in Maine. She enclosed a card that read, and I'll paraphrase, "Now that I'm retired I have more time to do these kinds of things... enjoy your scarf. Love, Carol"

Now, let me tell you, I really, really, really have the very best friends. I guess it's hard to translate it here, why getting a scarf in the mail means so much, but it's not the scarf. It's that I haven't lived in Maine for 5 years, and I still have some of the best friends and family up there. I still feel a part of their life, every day.

I am very blessed to be so loved, Oui?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...