Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apple Season- 2008



Aaron and I went apple picking yesterday. Every year I like to make applesauce; canning it and having a year's supply as well as enough for Christmas gifts. Due to the high cost of apples we only "picked" a half peck of apples (which cost about $6) Luckily for us, Aaron's dad is the produce manager at Hannaford and was able to call one of his accounts and get us about 50lbs for free. We peeled, cored and cooked about half of them, yielding about 13 jars of sauce. We should have enough for about 13 more jars, a few pies and some apples to eat! Yum... have I mentioned I love fall!?

3 comments:

Crazy Momma said...

Yum!! I so need to get the kids out apple picking!!

Nicki said...

looks good! I hope I get some apple sauce for christmas hint hint hehe

Stephani said...

Delish- :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...