Growing up my father would always say..."Hey, we are just like the Brady Bunch." Anyone who knows anything about my childhood knows this statement is clearly delusional. My dad was no Mike Brady and my mom was far from good old Carol. We had no Alice and I'm not even sure we used a butcher. There certainly weren't minor problems ironed out within a half hour over milk and cookies.Monday evening, after we came home from Aaron's parent's house, I was on the couch reading while Aaron was preparing for his first day of school when the following conversation happened:
A: I want us to be just like the Brady Bunch.
J: What?! (Scanning his face to see if he has lost his mind thinking I would actually have 6 of his babies...)
A: You know, like the parents.
J: Yeah, I know who they are... but, how?
A: I don't know... go to bed early together, and read a book at night and talk, stuff like that.
J: Oh! (whew!) Yes, I would like that.
I love that Aaron wants to be like the Brady Bunch with me. I can see myself with this man, growing old, having children (yes, Nicki, I said children.) I want Aaron to say to our children "We are just like the Brady Bunch." And although they will have no clue who that is, it may actually be true this time around.
2 comments:
How sweet, and funny ;)
I think that's sweet, but the question is... if you are mike and carol, then how many children will there be? And will "hooby" still be your favorite???
Post a Comment