Monday, June 25, 2012

Toby: One Month Old


On Saturday, May 23rd, Mr. Mister turned one month old. It is absolutely absurd that he has been here for one month already. That's 1/9 of the time it took for me to cook him!

Here are some updates/facts about his first month:
  • He has had 210 diaper changes.
  • He now eats about 3-4 oz. per setting (not including what I give him from the breast.)
  • He has been to Daddy's work and Mama's work for a visit.
  • He has met lots and lots of people who love him! (Still a few left to meet!)
  • He went on one of his first (of many) trips to Boston yesterday.
  • Although he is still in newborn clothing sizes, he will soon be out of them (SAD FACE!)
  • He is starting to show more personality; making new facial expressions and noises.
  • In the last couple of weeks we gave him a binky. He holds it in his mouth with his little hand so it doesn't fall out. Yeah, my kid is a genius.
  • He loves to get a bath.
  • He is still super calm, relaxed and easy going. (I am beyond thankful.)
  • He doesn't care for air conditioning (just like Mama.)
  • He has absolutely NO problem going between the breast and the bottle.
  • He sleeps in four hour increments (we're getting there!)
  • Aaron already clipped his fingernails (I couldn't do it!!)

Updates about Mama & Daddy:
  • I celebrated my 31st birthday and got the best gift ever this year.
  • Aaron celebrated his first father's day.
  • I had a terrible cold/allergies/plague (I'm still recovering!) and I couldn't hold my baby for 24 hours... that was the worst 24 hours!!
  • I went shopping for the first time since I had Toby. Let me tell you, it was all I could do not to ball my eyes out. But, I'm trying to be realistic. It has been a month. I'm going to rock a muffin top and golf ball thighs for a while. Besides, what person actually looks attractive in the mirrors at Old Navy?
  • We have brought him on a few day trips and are gearing up for a couple of vacations this summer; the first "overnights" with baby.
  • Daddy has read Toby several books and Mama likes to take him on walks.
  • I've pumped 40 oz. of breast milk out of my milk jugs since Toby was born (not including what he has helped himself to.) In reality, that's not a lot by any means but, I'm really proud of it because I'm trying so hard!!
  • Manny absolutely adores him.

Manny always helps me nurse/feed. EVERY SINGLE TIME


This picture looks scary but Manny is licking Toby, not biting. Manny would lick Toby head-to-toe if I let him.



Uncle Matt & Uncle Nellie love Toby!


Unhappy Mr. Mister

1 comment:

Stephani said...

OMG!!! Im drooling over his Guncle's. They look like naturals!
My favorite is the "Manny... Dont get any idea's" picture and the last one. Look at his feet! Already a little bigger. He looks so different now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...