Friday, June 22, 2012

Titles

I have always prided myself on my education, career accomplishments, and titles. Every time I sign something, "Jessi Molloy, MA, LCMHC, MLADC" or see one of my students raise their hands and hear them accompany it with, "Professor Molloy," I beam. I have an awesome resume including professor, clinical supervisor and the recently added "Director" at the new practice.

None of these come close to my newest title, "Mama." I had no idea this little boy would come into my work-obsessed world and completely turn it upside down. I thought I had my priorities straight until Toby came along and became the most important thing.

My work used to define me. Now I've (re)defined it as a way to support my son and family. Yes, I will go back to work, eventually, but from this point forward my life's work is raising my son.

I totally didn't see that coming and I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

You must read your prior post.. I forget the title of it.. but it talked about all the work you planned on doing from home during your maternity leave, etc. and think, "um yeah, with all of my free time!? " LOL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...