Last weekend, to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday, we went up to Cornish, NH to visit Saint-Gauden's home/museum/gardens. Augustus Saint-Gaudens was an amazing artist and sculptor. Some of his work you are already familiar with but, check out the website for more information.
It was a beautiful fall day and the weather was perfect, crisp and sunny. Cornish is a beautiful place and the ride was amazing. There are four covered bridges in this little town, including the longest covered bridge in the U.S. which is also the longest two lane covered bridge in the world. We had a great day with our family.
Matt & Nellie
Bridge in the background.
On Sunday we woke up to a misty cool morning and lazed around a bit. We (and the boys) had a big breakfast and we lounged around in our pajamas until about 8:30AM. We had planned to go apple picking and to the Chili Cook-off in Manchester. It was a great day!
Rocko even lounged with Daddy
I'm a bit picky and have to inspect every apple.
And if I see an apple I like...
Like this beautiful one...
I have to have it!
Okay, so, let me explain this one. Aaron takes about 100 pictures every time we go somewhere; me holding an apple, me in front of _____, me smiling with teeth, me with sunglasses, me without sunglasses. Honestly, I uploaded about 50 pictures just from apple picking. Moral of the story: I get that Aaron loves to take my picture and I'm flattered but, sometimes, I have to do something to piss him off just enough so he'll say "Okay, that's it, no more pictures!" Once he saw this he only took about 5 more, LOL.
Chili cook-off!
Not only did we get a belly full of championship chili but, we also had an amazing whoopie pie!
At the end of a nice weekend we had apple cider donuts, maple glaze, a peck of apples, and heartburn. It was a great weekend! Oui?
1 comment:
Because of your inspirational post .. I'm going to plan a trip to Cornish.
You're very blessed, Oui?
<3
Post a Comment