Friday, May 9, 2008

April Vacation: Wrap up

Day 7, Friday: There isn't really much to report this day. Early in the A.M. I went to get my hair cut (5 1/2 inches) and Aaron went for a ride. We hung around all day; I laid on the hammock drinking margaritas and Aaron did some work around the house. I finished the book I was reading, Pieces of my Sister's Life by Elizabeth Joy Arnold... amazing, and we played a lot of chess. I don't think we even took one picture that day.

Later that night one of our best friends and Aaron's teammate, Charlie, came down? over? from Vermont to stay the night so we could go to the race on Saturday in the Palmer/Sturbridge MA area. We stayed up way too late talking over Margaritas, but, a good time was had by all.

Day 8, Saturday: We were up early again (I don't think we 'slept in' one day during our vacation!!) We left for the race around 9. We had about 2 1/2 hours to travel. The race went okay; Aaron had some stomach issues when racing, so dropped out after the first lap or so, and poor Charlie dropped his chain and couldn't catch the field. So Aaron, Charlie, and I cheered on the rest of the team from a feedzone (I was responsible for feeding the team water.)


Charlie & Aaron

After the race Aaron and I headed to Connecticut to look for a hotel. We had a mountain bike race in the Farmington, Ct. area the next day (Aaron does cyclo-cross, mountain, and road races). We ended up staying at the Marriott just outside of Hartford, CT. What a beautiful area. It reminded me a lot of DC. We scooted around the city for a bit that night, ate at Baskin-Robbins and Friendly's, but turned in pretty early because we were both exhausted!

The Beautiful Hartford, Connecticut

Day 9, Sunday: We woke up, EARLY to explore more of Ct. before Aaron's race around noon. I wanted to go to Trader Joe's. I love Trader's Joe's. If you haven't been there, you need to go... it's pretty much an all local/natural/organic-ish food store. Very cool.

I know we look chiper, but this was about 7:45 and we had already packed up, showered and checked out.

Iwo Jima memorial.

We had an amazing breakfast at I-HOP. I love I-HOP, I'm a huge fan of french toast, and not a fan of pancakes. I-HOP had the "Tour De French Toast" going on, so I engorged myself on stuffed french toast. I could eat it everyday. Sooooo yummy!

Aaron did awesome in his race, he came in 5th, and even won a little bit of cash. I am glad he was able to do a mountain bike race. I really like the culture of the mountain bike races. Granted I have more friends at road races, but the people at road-races are a bit more uptight than at mountain bike races where everyone is pretty chill.

We left the race and went straight home. I wanted to pick up the boys and give them a bath for the month.

How many people could say they spent their vacation in New York, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut?! I am really blessed. I could not have asked for a better vacation, better weather, and better company. I am very fortunate to be able to do the things I want to do, and the ability to afford it. I try very hard not to taken for granted the path my life has taken . Thank you, Aaron for such a great week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AHHHHH I FINALLY figured out how to leave a message!!! I have seriously been passing by my time at work, since you left me today (sad face), and it took me like 30 mintues to find that darn link! But ALAS I can now not only spy but leave my 2 cents too! YEAH! Missed you today...have a fantab weekend!!! PS: HI AARON!!!

Jessi said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you're here Jaime!! I heart you forever and ever amen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...