Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let me explain...

Boy oh boy do I have some explaining to do! I guess I didn't quite understand how much my readers enjoyed my "Wednesday, Oui?" blog. I got up this morning to find an inbox full of e-mails from people asking where their favorite post was, plus the comments I received here. Gosh darn it, I didn't know it meant so much, and in the future I shall do my best to post on "Wednesday, Oui?." Forgive me?

So the reason I didn't post, it's nothing insidious or juicy, I just crashed. I went back to the gym this week, (Long awaited. I was counting the days since my surgery), and I am back into my normal routine, which in case you don't know is:
wake up early
walk dogs
breakfast w/Aaron
chores
shower/dress
blog (except yesterday- oops)
play with the animals
10:00am- leave for work
10:30-7:30- work (I eat dinner at work)
8:00- gym
10:00- home
10:30- on -attempt to sleep

Now this is my schedule pretty much everyday except Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Last night Aaron and I decided that we would not go to the gym after I got out of work, so when I got home around 8:00 we talked about our day and I pretty much fell right to sleep.

Now, back to the gym... OMG- how out of shape can a person get in 2 months time? I used to be able to do an 8 minute mile on the elliptical- yeah, no, now I'm up to 13 minutes! How does that happen in 2 months? I have also started doing weights to get ready for skiing/snowshoeing, and this past year I became obsessed with rock climbing. I am considering a membership at the indoor rock gym to prepare me for this summer when I plan to do the "real thing." So I am exhausted, and will be, until I get back to where I am supposed to be physically.

However, the REAL reason I like to go to the gym is because I LOVE TO EAT. I love junk food; pastries, crunchy salty things, sweet moist chocolaty things, gummy sugary things, fast greasy things, and pretty much anything that comes with a nutrition label bad enough to give one nightmares. The gym forces me to eat things that have vibrant colors like orange and yellow and green, and things that require peeling or cutting. I have to eat right or I don't have the energy to go to the gym, or see the results of my work. But, the gym also affords me the D'Angelo's steak cheese, onion, and mushroom with cool ranch Doritos, a large root beer, and a side of no guilt.

When I go the gym regularly, and drive by a Dunkin' Donuts, I can reason in my head how many times I will have to do a leg press, or crunches just to burn off that chocolate cruller and chai tea I am about to impulsively buy. That reason alone usual deters me from going through the drive- thru and helps me be more satisfied with my Lean Cuisine, Luna Bar, Clementine and Weight Watchers yogurt.

In other news, yesterday I sent out an email to my soccer team, letting my girls know I was going to start it back up again. I have had a great response, almost everyone has responded and a few newbies too. I will hopefully be playing again after the New Year on Wednesday Nights. Yippee!

There is definitely not enough time in life to do everything. Last night while Aaron and I were discussing our day he asks "Hey, when are we going to take our dance class?" He and I both want to take a class- like dancing with the stars- but more our style... however, when will we find the time??!!

Well, I suppose I can cut back on the sleep- it's overrated ;)

2 comments:

Stephani said...

I forgive you.

Nicki said...

I forgive you too but please never doubt the power and influence of your Oui posts it gives some of us something to hang onto in the middle of a long week ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...