It was nice to have everyone in our home this year, as this is technically our first Christmas together as a couple/living together/making a "go" at it. Having family in my home during the holidays sort of solidified that we are really doing this. It's weird to explain... sometimes it still feels so new and exciting... sometimes I just look at Aaron and think, "is he really mine?" Seeing him interact with my family, although it's not the first time, makes me melt.
We had a merry time. We ate, and ate, and ate. Aaron and I have so many left-overs we highly doubt we will have to go grocery shopping in the near future- I think each one of us over-estimated the amount of food we needed for just 7 people.
Once things wrapped up and the house was quite, Aaron and I reflected on the highlights of the night... the best being Xander, of course. He is so full of life and it's so much fun to witness Christmas through the eyes of a child.
No sooner did my family leave, and we finished cleaning up, when out on the lawn I heard such a clatter I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter. It was my dad blowing the horn on his tow-truck. He had a tow nearby, so wanted to stop in to say hello. He brought his girlfriend and her son along too. It was nice to see them, but I was pretty much done entertaining so they didn't stay too long because I suspect I was a little grouchy. It is so evident how much I enjoy my privacy when I have a house full of guests. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and friends more than anything, I just really enjoy my personal space.
Aaron and Manny- both dogs need constant reassurance when people are around. I think they too enjoy quiet- peaceful privacy.
My Mom and Dan both holding a beast.
Xander was the first to open a gift. We go in order of age, youngest to oldest. Notice the mound of gifts in the back?!?!
Dan, trying on his new shirt that Aaron and I bought him. It's lined which should be good for him- he works outdoors everyday!
Me, Mom, Xander, Nicki and of course Manny, who had to moon everyone- he is such a ham.
Dan and Xander. Xander adores his 'Papa Dan'
Just when I thought the party was over, along came my dad. Bing was thrilled to see 'Grampy.' He loves my father, and my father is obsessed with my dog.
I had to share this. I took this picture on Sunday, during the storm. It was a blizzard and this fat squirrel hung on for over an hour trying to get some eats. I'm not sure if you can see it, but even his eyelashes have snow on them. Poor thing. I threw some bread and apples out to him, just in case he wasn't full from stealing my woodpecker's suet.
1 comment:
Holy cow you guys had a storm!! We just got rain here and lots of wind. One of my screens blew off, oops.
Your holiday pictures are so nice, your place is so cute!!
Post a Comment