Thursday, March 7, 2013

Toby's flock of seagulls

Toby has a wild head of hair. It's long and dark and super super soft. It reminds me of a rabbit fur (or duck feathers.) About 2 weeks ago, I figured with his baptism fast approaching, I should give Toby a little trim. I reasoned that because I worked in a salon for a few years (answering phones) I probably picked up a few things about cutting hair.


Before Mama butchered his hair. Look at that flock of seagulls! (He's too interested in his cracker to look at the camera!)

 
After I "tried" to cut his hair.

It came out terribly. I was devastated.

So, I immediately made an appointment to get his haircut at the salon I used to work at with the only person I allow to touch my hair. I was really worried that he was going to FREAK out. Having worked at a salon one thing I did pick up on was seeing a lot (like a huge amount) of babies/children freak out when they got their locks lopped off.

Toby, per usual, was perfect. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that Sue (my dear friend, ex-boss and stylist) just has that magic touch. He didn't squirm, cry or make his cut difficult. He was in true Toby form.





Afterward, we made a whole day of it. Daddy and I brought him to one of our favorite haunts for lunch (Dos Amigos) and then strolled around downtown Concord, stopping at the candy store and the toy store. It was not at all traumatic for him.

Me, on the other hand...


2 comments:

Stephani said...

Very cute, and yum!

mcpepe said...

I am sure that you save some of the hair for his momento's

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...