Sunday, February 3, 2013

Toby: 8 Months Old

 
 

I'm a little behind in the posting arena but, my excuse is that I have an 8+ month old little boy! (Translation: the weight I've been dropping has nothing to do with me dieting; I'm chasing around a baby!!) Dudes, okay, so... perhaps I am indeed biased but, my kid is pretty flipping awesome. I mean, he's cute, he's extraordinarily smart, and he is a sweetheart. He loves to love. He loves life. It's really the best.thing.ever.in.the.whole.wide.world. I can't even stand it!

So, here are some updates on our little tyke.
  • Since he was born he has had 1779 diaper changes!
  • He's in size 3 diapers and size 6-9 month clothing (he's skinny but LONG.)
  • He loves to eat! Over the last month he tried, tofu, squash and zucchini.
  • He has almost finished his first series of "real" classes: sign language. We are using about 110 signs on a REGULAR basis. If I'm talking to him at all, and I know the sign to accompany the word, I'll use the sign. He hasn't signed back yet, although I think he did try to sign "more" the other day but, I can't be sure. Our instructor said it normally takes about 3 months if you do it religiously. Um, religiously? Have you met me?! I'm doing it all the time! I go to class with highlighted notes and I "stay after class" to make sure I've learned the material. Pathetic.
  • He also drank (legitimately) from a sippy cup. In the past he has taken a sip here or there usually refusing the little spout; preferring a nipple. But, this month he actually drank all his water from a sippy!
  • I fear he will soon need his first haircut. He has a mass of black wispy hair that is creeping closer and closer to his eyes. I refuse to let it go into his eyes, so we'll soon have to cut it... or slick it back... or do the comb-over. That would be sick.
  • No toofers yet. Soon, I think. (But I think I've said that every month for the past 4 months!)
  • He has mastered crawling. So what if it's backwards and he just drags his legs using only arm strength? He's like a little crab... except his legs don't move.... and he doesn't have an exoskeleton.
  • I am declining to address the issue of him sleeping in his nursery.
  • Mr. Mister still sleeps through the night.
  • He never cries.
  • His favorite things include: music, books, more music, the dogs, more books, taking a bath, and Mama.
  • We have tried finger foods on several occasions and Toby just isn't there yet. He hasn't mastered his little pincer grip (yet another difference between him and a crab) so we'll keep trying. I'm all about letting him do things at his pace. 
  • He takes about (2) 1 hour naps every day (ish).

Updates on Mama and Daddy:

Really, we don't have a whole lot going on. Our life was taken by storm about 8 months ago and we live to love our baby. Every night we play, play, play and then put him down to sleep around 7:30. Usually once Toby is in bed we'll play a few hands of Rummy, or watch a rented movie, or just spoon. We're wicked lame. Other than that it's just work, play and planning for Mr. Mister's baptism and 1st birthday!! Life is really, really good! But, hmmm, let me think...

  • I've lost almost all of the baby weight with the exception of 5.4 pounds. I'd like to lose 15 more pounds by August. I'm really trying. (and by really trying, I mean not eating everything that isn't nailed down... except on Sunday. Sunday doesn't count.)
  • Aaron and I (and occasionally Nanny) are still making all of Toby's food. I'm pretty dang proud of that.
  • We've also been purging our house of unwanted stuff. Now, y'all know I'm tidy, but we do have a few things lurking around that we're not using that we're trying to get rid of/sell. In 18 years we'll have college to pay for. We gotta get saving!
  • I'm in two weddings this September. A matron of honor in one (one of two) and a bridesmaid in the other (one of NINE), so between that, and planning a baby shower for my sister-in-law, I've been pretty busy in the party planning department. Luckily I have LOTS of help in all the events!
  • We also started taking 1 tablespoon of Elderberry syrup every day. It's supposed to help your immune system and I have to say, I feel great. Nanny makes the syrup for us (she's also an herbalist.) It's yummy.
I'm thinking that's all for now. Here are some more pictures of the delicious Mr. Mister. Eat your heart out.





2 comments:

Nicki said...

the backwards army crawl...hell be going forward before u know it. kisses from iya.

Stephani said...

He looks so big in his white chair! It was great having a playdate with him last week. Lets do it again soon.
Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...