Above is the second sneak peek of Planet Alien. Here you get a partial view of the built-in-bookshelf Aaron created for me, (as a complete surprise [more on that later]) but, what I really want to talk about today is the little rocking chair in the corner.
Aaron just recently refinished this rocking chair for our son. The chair was made for Aaron in 1978 by his Grandad. Aaron absolutely adored his grandfather, who passed in 2007. When we learned we were having a baby, I knew I wanted something important to be done with the chair so, Aaron spent several hours sanding it down and repainting it white to match our nursery.
*However* we were very careful not to sand the underside of the seat where his grandfather, 34 years ago, carved "Created for Aaron, Christmas 1978. Love Grandad & Grandma"
I love the fact that my son's little bum will be sitting on the same seat that his Dad's did so many years ago. I love that this chair was made for my husband by the grandfather he adored. I love that my husband worked so hard to restore the chair for our baby. It's all just too precious for words.
4 comments:
*love* this. Em has a chair that was mine when I was a kid. She also has a bench my grandfather made for her ... I love things like this .... And the bookshelf?? Would killlllll for one!!!
Who would have thought that this room would turn out to look like this. I am sure that you and Aaron had a vision. You had a plan and you carried it out. That and the help of a lot of people that truly love you guys. Uncles Matt, Nelson and Jason. Grand dads Dan and McPepe. Who am I forgetting. Looks great.
McPepe,
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Our son is coming into a family of the most amazing people that will love and adore him. We are so very lucky to have people in our life who care about us so much...
And let us not forget who made the room the safest by having the "accident waiting to happen" (giant tree removed) McPepe & Nana!!!
Cute story "behind" the chair....
Post a Comment