Friday, April 6, 2012

Rose & Thorn


Gestational Diabetes comes with some risks:
  • A large baby
  • A baby born with low blood sugar
It also comes with some thorns:
  • Very VERY frequent doctors appointments with non stress tests twice per week
  • A painful low carb diet
  • Testing your blood sugar several times per day
  • Timing your eating to the minute
BUT: The best payoff (aside from healthy mom/healthy baby, of course)...
  • Weekly ultrasounds!! I get to see my little man on the big screen every week until I meet him! Woot!
That makes me so happy. Normally, you only get about 3 ultrasounds per pregnancy!! If I *had* to find a rose in this diagnosis, it would be 9 ultrasounds!! YAY!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I had 2. Dating and Gender.

I agree, its a rose. :)

Stephani said...

I had 7 I think, no issues, just a freeking awsome pratice that I went to!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...