Tuesday, April 17, 2012

There's no point in arguing

My husband appreciates everything I do. Now that I'm pregnant he makes it a point to thank me for the little things I've always done that he never realized I did... until I got pregnant and he had to pick up some of the slack. Now, don't get me wrong, my husband is FAR from lazy. He does more than I can even imagine. We just have a different list of "chores" as I'm sure most couples do. For instance, I have absolutely no desire to mow the lawn as I'm sure he'd rather not clean toilets.

The other day, as we were getting ready to go out to dinner, (and I had been cleaning and doing laundry all day) he calls me into the bedroom where he's putting on his socks. This "conversation" takes place:

Aaron: "Hey, Babe? Can you c'mere for a second?"
Jessi: (in the bathroom, doing my hair) "Yep" (walking into the bedroom) "What?"
A: "See these two socks? See how they look exactly alike?"
J: (suspicious) "Yes...."
A: "Well, when you fold them down, one has an orange ring around the top... the other doesn't. See?"
J: (completely on to him now... but feigning as though I just figured out the million dollar question) "Ohhh, so the two that I matched up... they aren't the same!!!" (which I really didn't notice- he has SO MANY pairs of socks!)
A: "Right."
J: (Glaring)
A: (Suddenly fearing for his life) "Never mind. I'm being stupid. Forget I said anything! I'm sorry. Thank you so much for doing all that laundry today."
J: "No problem, Babe!" (smiling) "Glad we had this little talk."



3 comments:

Amy said...

*snort*
I love the glare <3

Stephani said...

And he even gets sholder massages from the dogs... This guy has the life!! lol.

McPepe said...

Actually what Manny is saying to him is

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy. How many times do I have to tell you, Don't mess with a pregnant chick. I have been with her longer than you have, how do you think I have survived. Stick with me and we will get through this together. Okay Paco."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...