Monday, November 28, 2011

Menu Monday: Pumpkin Cake


Every Thanksgiving I usually make a pumpkin roll for my father-in-law. Honestly, this year I was just too tired (pumpkin rolls are SO MUCH WORK) so instead, I made a really easy pumpkin cake. It was absolutely delicious. I have to admit, I don't love the taste of pumpkin when it's all by itself and have a hard time eating straight pumpkin pie, so this cake is very mild and really reminds me of the consistency of carrot cake.

So, my friends, please enjoy a super easy pumpkin cake!

CAKE INGREDIENTS:
  • 2C. Flour
  • 2C. Sugar
  • 2t. Baking Soda
  • 1t Cinnamon
  • 1/2t. Salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 1C. Vegetable Oil
  • 15 oz. (can) Pure Pumpkin
Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking pan and bake @ 350 for approximately 30 minutes (or until it springs to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean.)

ICING INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 8oz. pkg. Cream Cheese
  • 1 stick Butter
  • Approx 2C. Confectioners Sugar (depending on consistency and taste you may need more)
  • 2t. Vanilla extract
Frost cake once cooled and sprinkle top with cinnamon. Keep refrigerated! Very easy, tasty and pretty!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...