Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday Oui? What time is it?

Aaron loves math.

I hate math.

Hate is a strong word and, in my opinion, math is deserved of it.

Balancing the checkbook is the extent to which I exercise my brain with numbers. When you're in school teachers always tell you how important math will be when you're in the work force. The only time I use math is when figuring out my annual salary or calculating my time sheet.

Liars.

Several months ago we attended an engagement party (held at the home of an MIT Professor) where Aaron saw (and fell in LOVE with) a clock similar to this one. He found it online to purchase but, decided he could make it himself.

                                              
As much as I hate math, you have to admit, it's pretty clever. What's even more endearing is that he hung it in his classroom. His students LOVE it and want to make one of their own which, of course, he's going to integrate into a lesson (in math and woodworking).

If my teachers had done something like that I might have a deeper respect for math. I appreciate when educators are so passionate about something they share it with others. I wish Aaron had been my teacher. But, that would have been completely inappropriate. As much as I blame the huge unsightly (hairy) mole on the face of my high school math teacher (which I swear distracted me from learning) Aaron probably would have been equally distracting to me in my boy-crazy-teenage years.

Now seriously, you'll have to tell me what time it is because as clever as this clock is, I don't know how to read it. Thanks for nothing hairy-mole teacher with the too high pants and orthodic shoes.  ;)

Oui?


3 comments:

Nicki said...

We had the same math teacher... and you are right that mole was VERY distracting. I had her when she was hugely pregnant so all you could see was a waddling beach ball sized belly with a mole attached... I used to wonder if her baby was growing a mole and would pop out with a hairy thing on its face too... gosh I am cruel this morning ;)

I LOVE that clock and BTW it's 8:35 ;)

Amy said...

SO Clever.
I loathe math, and sadly, I DO use it every day :o/


I've missed you.

Stephani said...

I love that cock, I mean clock. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...