I just realized I hadn't posted about my Pepe's 88th Birthday.
On April 30th our whole family met at DiMillo's Floating Boat Restaurant in Portland, Maine to celebrate the patriarch of our family turning 88. I did something really special for his birthday this year. In thinking about a gift that would last forever, I set up a scholarship fund in his name. The Herbert W. Peace Sr. Scholarship Fund was established and everyone contributed to the fund instead of buying a gift; something we will do yearly from now on.
My Grandfather spent a good part of his childhood at an orphanage (which we now call a "children's home".) This children's home still exists in Maine; the very place he lived and graduated from. So, each year, a student graduating from Good Will-Hinckley will get a check from our family to help them pursue a secondary education. It won't be a ton of money but, maybe enough for books and to provide our family a way to carry on the legacy of a man who truly made a difference in this world.
Pepe's reaction to his gift?
"I never expected life to be so good to me."
He had a very happy birthday.
1 comment:
you are amazing. An inspiration.
I absolutely love you <3
Post a Comment