Today is my only nephew's 7th birthday. This is a BIG -- HUGE birthday because it's his last birthday as an only child; a circumstance which makes me both happy and sad.
Since Xander was born I've always referred to him as "the baby" when speaking of him. Recently it occurred to me that, after August, when I say "the baby" I will be referring to my sweet little niece ready for a world that is so ready for her. I am excited for her arrival but sad in a very small way (very small) because I know that I will now have to divide my attention between her and Xander.
So for today and the next couple of months, before I am an "I-ya" for the second time, I'm screaming a GIGANTIC shout out to the baby, wishing our big boy a very happy 7th birthday. We love you. Everyone does. I can't wait to see what an amazing big brother you're going to be to your precious little sister. Now, please don't get any older or any bigger.

2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY XANDER!!!!!
I hope today, and all days, are amazing for you <3
Happy Birthday to my baby, my first miracle
Post a Comment