Now, my sister always brings "Aunt Renee's Taco Salad." If she doesn't offer to bring it, she is usually asked to. It is the best taco salad I've ever had. It was one of the things I demanded at my bridal shower (where I was spoiled rotten by everyone who attended.)
Drumroll........
Nicki's Taco Salad (By her Aunt Renee)
- 1 LB hamburg
- 3/4 bottle Taco Sauce
- 1/2 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1/2 bottle lite Italian dressing
- 1 large cucumber (cut into pieces)
- Shredded Cheese (about one bag)
- 1 Green Pepper (cut into pieces)
- Shredded lettuce (about 2 cups)
- Tomato (2 diced)
- Doritos (as much as you want :)
Brown hamburg, drain, and season with 1/2 package of taco seasoning and let cool. In a large bowl mix hamburg with taco sauce, mix in veggies, Italian dressing and cheese. Spread in a 9X13 pan and add a good amount of crushed up Doritos just before serving. You can serve with tortilla chips, or just eat it as it is. It's delicious!
A Shameless Plug:
For anyone who likes soy milk, or would like to try soy milk. It is, in my opinion, the best brand of soy milk...ever. Some say it's an acquired taste, but I've always liked the taste of soy, especially vanilla soy. It's great in tea and coffee too (or with a few drops of Kahlua) and it's very good for you (not the Kahlua, silly... the soy!)
2 comments:
Mmmm That taco salad looks SO good, I'll be swiping this recipe too! Thanks Jessi!!!
(BTW - Chili - HUGE Hit! We tried it with the ground turkey, and next time it'll be the ground beef .. that's right - NEXT TIME!)
Love you!
yay!! I made the blog! or my food did anyway.... I might need to make that taco salad again soon... it sounds really good right now... as does the ramen.... are we having a party soon? maybe when you come up here to ice fish we could have taco salad and ramen salad?
Post a Comment