But my true love, true passion is live shows. It can be comedy, music, theater, Broadway, or musicals. I have so much respect for the work that goes into preparing these shows, the music (or orchestra), the acting, and dancing... it draws me in!!!
On Saturday Aaron took me to see CATS, so I feel compelled to post for this weeks Top Ten Tuesday, my all-time-favorite shows!
10. George Carlin- I was lucky enough to see him twice before he passed away; both times at the Hampton Casino and Ballroom. I adore(d) him! RIP Georgie!
9. Fiddler on the Roof: My dad brought me to see this show 3 times at the Rep in Portsmouth because I loved it so much. Don't know the plot? Check it out online, it's well worth the read.
8. Bob Marley: No, not the one who shot the sherrif, but the comedien from Maine. I saw him at the Palace in Manchester. My brother introduced me to him years ago and I've been stalking him ever since! Being that I am a "Mainer" at heart, I get his humor.
7. The Nutcracker: Aaron and I went with Matt and Nelson to this show around Christmas 2007. It was at the Boston Opera House and performed by the Boston Ballet.
6. Medieval Manor: This is a theater/restaurant in Boston. I love going there, it's a bit pricey, but so worth the money. They keep the beer and wine flowing, provide a five-course-meal (all of which you have to eat with your fingers) and they roast the audience!!! Such a great experience, especially if you're in a group (and if you can refrain from drinking too much and thowing up in your expensive purse- not that it happened to me... I'm just sayin'.)
5.5 (I know, I'm cheating; it's my blog I can break the rules!) The Transiberian Orchestra. No explanation necessary.
5. Dirty Dancing: I loved, loved, loved this and I went with one of my very favorite traveling companions. If you don't remember the story (our horrific experience before the show) click here.
4. The Grinch: I always make it a point to go to a Christmas show every year. My favorite Christmas movie is The Grinch, so last year my dad bought me tickets and we went to "The Wang" to see it. (I am so very grateful that my father appreciates, encourages [and $upport$] my love of the theater.) Aaron and I went the day after the huge ice storm which caused the power outage. We weren't affected but, because of that, there was low attendance so we could pick any seat we wanted!!! Amazing. The only problem was I had contracted an eye infection a few days prior so I wasn't able to see everythign 100%. But it didn't matter. I still had a blast and The Wang Center was gorgeous!
3. Elton John: I went to Elton with my mother and Dan. I grew up listening to Elton and it was an amazing show;, it's probably one of the best memories I have with mom & Dan.
I was seventeen-years-old and I still remember every detail of the show.


2 comments:
Great taste!! I understand your love for Bob Marley, I saw him once in Portsmouth- very funny!! Phantom was great too!!
Cats looks like it was wonderful! You are so lucky!!
Post a Comment