Monday, November 9, 2009

Menu Monday

A good friend of mine, Kaleena, at Top Notch Eats posts delicious, nutritious, and easy recipes on her blog. I read each post salivating. Now, I wish I was half the cook she was but, alas, I'm not. So what I'm going to do from time to time on this blog is share delicious recipes from my very own kitchen. I hope you like this new idea; I feel the need to shake things up a bit to keep it interesting.

For my first ever Menu Monday may I present one of my very favorite side dishes.... ever.

Sautéed Garlic Green Beans (for 2 people)

You'll need:
  • A few handfuls of fresh green beans (I usually get about 2 handfuls per person.)
  • 1/4 stick of butter (I never said this was healthy)
  • 3 tablespoons of diced garlic (you can either cut up fresh garlic, or use the kind that comes in the jar. I grow garlic so I use fresh garlic until I run out then I use the kind that comes in the glass jar-- it's decent.)
  • Celery Salt (to taste)
Instructions:
  1. Wash and "tip & tail" beans.
  2. Cut each bean in half and put them in a large saute pan on medium heat.
  3. Immediately put in the butter and garlic (you can be liberal or conservative with the garlic. I love garlic and love to smell of it for days, so I'm not shy about dumping a lot in.)
  4. Cover the pan and stir occasionally until garlic is browned and beans are cooked all the way through.
  5. Add Celery salt, stir and serve.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...