Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oui? FAIL!

So, I'm walking to my car after work and as I cross the road to access my parking lot a random guy calls out:
"Happy Thanksgiving, Ma'am!"

I stopped dead in my tracks and did not reply. I looked around me. Was he talking to me? I didn't respond and kept walking. When I reached my car it occured to me... he was.

When the hell did I go from being a Miss to a Ma'am. The horror! I'm not even 30 yet!!!

3 comments:

Stephani said...

Maybe he's from the South...

Crazy Momma said...

Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry. Belive me when I say that I know how you feel! I have an elderly neighbor that I call Mr. Brooks. Whenever I say hello to him he looks behind him and says "My father was Mr. Brooks, I am Don". In my opinion, this man is older than dirt but, also, served in WWII, raised a family and now watched his grandchildren after school every day. He has earned the respect of "Mr". You, my dear, have earned the respect of Ma'am!

Crazy Momma said...

I meant to add - 30 IS NOT old. Even if you were 30 you are still not a Ma'am!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...