Friday, September 14, 2012

Bucko

Before Toby was born I was a maniac on Craigslist. I was buying and selling like it was my job. I became a little obsessive.

One day I saw an ad for a "sock monkey." Naturally, I clicked on it.

New/unused sock monkey. $1 in (a town near me)

I responded with cat like reflexes and wrote:

"Hi! I'll take the sock monkey for a buck!"

I arranged pick up and the lady agreed to meet me right off the highway on my way home from work one evening. When I met her she said, "I had about 10 emails for the monkey but your email was the funniest so you get him. I hope your baby enjoys it!" (I was extremely pregnant at the time.)

My mother made me a sock monkey when I was a little girl. I loved him. Toby loves, loves, loves his monkey, who we aptly named "Bucko" (we're so clever!) He will choose Bucko over many other toys and he always has to be touching him. It is the sweetest thing. Ever.




 
 
 (Don't worry, I only allow him to have Bucko if he's under strict supervision!)

3 comments:

Amy said...

My mom has an irrational fear of Sock Monkeys . much like mine, of --- Crickets and ET (don't judge)

He is just too perfect,and I think we need to plan a date <3

Stephani said...

The ear nibble is too much!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word I cant even take him nibbling on Bucko's ear so friggin cute...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...