Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday, Oui? Overload!

Yesterday was Toby's first day with his nanny (the first day that I wasn't there with them.)

Naturally, I spent a TON of time loving him up and playing with him before I left for work and before Nanny arrived. While playing and snuggling Toby did the following:

He ALMOST rolled over.
He held his head up for the LONGEST time (ever!) without assistance.
Then he had his first day with Nanny.

I was on milestone overload; way too many in one day.

This shit is getting real.

There are days I still can't believe he's mine then he throws all these developmental milestones at me before I'm ready.

Yet, I am grateful he did these things yesterday. It was almost as if he was telling me, "I'm a big boy now, Mama. You go to work and I'll be just fine here with Nanny."



 
And he was fine. He did great... just like I knew he would.
Me on the other hand? I was (thisclose) to crying.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I must tell you - this never gets easier. School shopping - meeting the bus drivers - meeting the teachers ... I did cry (when she was out of the car and safely with her daycare friends)

He's perfect, and he IS okay. <3

Nicki said...

he is perfect.

Stephani said...

He really is something!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...