Friday, July 6, 2012

Mother's Guilt

One month from today I am scheduled to go back to work.
This makes me sad and happy.

I am looking forward to having adult conversations, being forced to shower every day, seeing my clients, starting the new program I've been named director of and, making money.

BUT, I'm going to miss Mr. Mister so much. He has thrown a wrench into my workaholism. I just want to stay home and smell him right in the nape of his delicious neck... all day long.

We're still trying to decide what we're going to do for childcare. I want a nanny but as the day gets closer to where we need someone, I don't know if I trust anyone to take care of my baby like I do.

What if he misses me?
What if I miss something?
It almost makes me sick to think about.

I keep rationalizing that I'm going back to work to make a better life for my family; especially my little boy. But, who says a better life means leaving him 2+ days per week?

The other part of me knows that I would feel stagnant staying at home. I've worked SO HARD to get where I am with my career(s). My work is so fulfilling.

But, motherhood is so much more rewarding.

I now completely understand "mother's guilt."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...