Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Fun at the Farm 2011

The last weekend in September we ventured up to Maine for the FIRST annual "Fall Fun at the Farm." Our original plan was to spend the weekend with my Mom and Dan, Nicki, Rich and the kids doing fall like things such as going to a giant corn maize, visit a pumpkin patch, carve pumpkins etc. Unfortunately, the weather was so poor that we were pretty much stuck at the farm (in the pouring rain). It was a bummer but, we still enjoyed spending time with everyone!

Mom really went over the top by decorating an entire tent, which we aptly named "Spooky world".  She thought of every detail!




One morning I woke up early and joined Dan in tending the bees. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I am absolutely obsessed with the idea of being a beekeeper. I would love to do it for a living but, alas, my dear husband is deathly allergic to our pollinating friends so, I have to live vicariously through Dan, who lets me help.





Spending time with my mother and sister (especially at the farm) always allows me to recharge my batteries. Going to the farm is like visiting the most amazing country store with an on site orchard, fresh veggies, meat, honey, syrup, jams, jellies and baked goods. While our first annual "Fall Fun at the Farm" wasn't a complete success due to Mother Nature, I'm looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

Amy said...

this post makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Mother Nature has been mean lately.
<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...