Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday, Oui- For Ashley

In September 2007, I went to the doctors for the initial testing to see if I was a compatible bone-marrow match for Ashley (who I didn't know at the time.) In the office where I was being examined lived a beautiful spider plant. I commented to the nurse on how much I liked it. The nurse, drawing my blood, was overwhelmed with emotion; she couldn't believe I was doing this for a stranger. She insisted I take a "baby" home with me and help it grow into a beautiful plant.

That was almost two years ago. This plant has struggled. Most people who know anything about spider plants know that they typically grow like weeds- out of control. Not this one.

In the past couple of months this plant began to thrive. It's now starting to grow like a "normal" spider plant.

Ashley just had a biopsy to check her status. She's still in the clear!

I try not to read too much into things, but I hope she and this plant continue to thrive.
Who knew "a little plant" could mean so very much to me ;)


2 comments:

Nicki said...

what a wonderful story. I didn't even know that.

Anonymous said...

you an amazing heart. i am truely going to miss you

Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...