Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday, Oui? "Fruits" of our labor...

Forgive me, please, for always posting about the house. I have tons of other joyous events going on in my life right now, but I am just so dang proud of our home. It's something that, even months ago, felt so far away.

Buying a house has been one of the "rites of passage" I thought was so unattainable for us. You know, one of those things where you have a negative internal dialogue that constantly challenges you? "Will I be able to afford a house?", "Will I be able to afford the house I want?", "Will I have to do a ton of work to it?", "Will I be able to handle being a homeowner?", "Will I love the house right away?", "Can I (we) actually do this?", "Where am I going to settle?", "Will it be big enough?" ,"Too big?", "Will my parents be proud of me?" , "Will I be able to afford everything I want for it?", "Do I know how to be a homeowner?", "What?! Lawn-mowers and snow-blowers don't come standard in a new house?!" , "What do you mean I need to buy a washer and dryer?!", "Will I be patient enough for the work to get done without pulling my hair out first?" and on and on and on. I tend to be really hard on myself, so trust me when I say these are the nicer questions I ask myself... and Aaron.

Ah, Aaron. Poor, poor Aaron. But that is a story for another day; if I live to write it. Trust me when I say he is probably plotting my murder. If there is one major thing I (and probably everyone who knows and loves me) would change about my personality it would be that I lack patience and would love to be more patient. Actually, strike that. "Lack" implies that somewhere within me exists a morsel of patience. Not true. I am not patient by any stretch of the imagination. Again, poor Slave Aaron.

Something I am pretty satisfied with is the landscaping. While it does need some weeding, this house came mostly ready for my green thumb. Whomever owned this house before us loved this yard and loved to garden. It's serendipity that we ended up here, I tell ya. The yard is just waiting for my loving hands, and the annuals that are here already are EXACTLY what I would have picked.

Bleeding hearts

Some form of a Lily, I think. Any thoughts on this one?

Strawberries!

I'm not really sure what this is, but I'll consult my gardening bible. Any thoughts?

And roses! Roses! Roses!

Gardens... ready to go. Is that a "Oui?" or what?!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

i love your yard, and your strawberries look positively yummy! maybe you could make me some strawberry shortcake.

Anonymous said...

I believe that's a Red Asiatic Lily .. ( a red tiger lily even ) .. but I could be wrong :)

They're gorgeous none the less!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...